Friday, September 2, 2011

What a Wonderful Summer!

Summer 2011!
We had a wonderful summer - I was terrible at posting pictures so I apologize! I'm going to try and keep up with monthly postings since Charlie is growing and changing all of the time! Summer flew by but Pete and I loved being home and just spending time with Charlie. I chose a few pictures to highlight what we did in July and August. We bought a new camera at the end of July, which we LOVE! The pictures are so much better and we can capture Charlie's many faces much better!

Charlie's 1st Twins game with Mom, Dad, Grandma Sally & Grandpa Greg - our seats were in the direct sun and it was about 90 degrees out! Charlie did great and took a short nap on Pete's shoulder up in the shade : )

Happy Birthday Sally! Maggie and Andrea were in town and Pete and I had everyone over for a fancy dinner to celebrate! (We even got out the fancy china!!)

Concert in the Park with friends from Mommy's school


We walked to the park often - Charlie loves to swing!

On a road trip to Milwaukee, we stopped overnight in Mauston. Charlie got to meet his 2nd cousins and they were so excited to help out with Charlie! (Teddy, Jason, Charlie, & Sydney)

More 2nd cousins - in Milwaukee for Veronica's baby shower. (Veronica, Charlie & Paul)

The Hutton clan went camping the 1st weekend in August, we were just outside of WI Dells. Charlie, Pete and I stayed in the camper with mom and dad; everyone else had tents. Charlie did great - even in the heat and a ridiculous amount of flies! It's a whole different game camping with a baby but he really was a rock star (when is he not?? He's such a good baby!!)

Spending time in the pool to cool off - Charlie LOVES being in the water!

4 generations - Great Grandpa Walt, Mommy, Grandma Ann, Great Grandma Dorothy with Charlie

The 3 of us went to Como Zoo - Pete loved taking pictures of the animals, Charlie loved watching the trees and the people, and I just loved being with my family!

One of Charlie's favorite people - Grandpa Greg

Swimming play date with Anders

Walking around Centennial in Edina, taking lots of pictures with our new camera!

Charlie is such a little boy now! He has two teeth on the bottom and his hair in finally coming in! (We have to comb it now!) He's army crawling all over the place - he will rock back onto his knees but has only moved forward in a true crawl a few times. He loves to eat and eats a variety of fruits, vegetables, meats and some finger foods. We continue to be amazed at how quickly he learns new things and how his personality comes out more every day! We don't go back to the doctor for another month but we think he's about 22-23 pounds and 30-31 inches long. I know I say this all of the time but he's wonderful and Pete and I love him so much! : )

I went back to work on Monday (school starts on Tues. the 6th) so Pete started his new job as a stay at home dad! He absolutely loves it! Him and Charlie have such a good time together and they even brought  lunch to me at school on Wednesday - then Pete helped me get my classroom ready! I loved being home all summer and could really stay home all the time. Thankfully, I love my job and am excited for the new school year. It also helps knowing Charlie is just home with Daddy most days! Well, I think that wraps up summer. I will work really hard on posting more often! Hope everyone is doing well - enjoy the holiday weekend!

Love to you all, Pete, Rachel & Charlie : )

No comments:

Post a Comment