Sunday, May 15, 2011

Charlie - April 2011

Sitting in my highchair for the first time!


I made such a big mess that mom didn't know what to do with me! She took off my dirty diaper in the sink - then it was bath time!


I can roll over from my back to my tummy - and I do it all of the time! Mom and Dad are so proud of me!


Since I can roll over, I now sleep on my tummy! Mom and Dad put me down on my back and when they come back, I'm sleeping on my tummy!


Look at me! I can sit up in my Bumbo chair : )


Charlie had a busy April! I think he learned something new and got stronger every day! He started rolling over from his back to his stomach. He constantly is rolling over when he is laying on his back. It's so fun to watch him grow and learn about his world! He is reaching for toys and really has a strong grip. Once he learned to roll over, he started sleeping through the night - on his tummy of course! I panicked at first that he wouldn't be able to breathe but that is just me being a protective mom! He sleeps great and always finds his way to the top corner of his crib. We're now working on moving his bedtime earlier but we can't complain! At his 4 month appointment, he weighed 17 lbs. 7 oz (75%) and was 27 1/2 inches (95%)!! And yes for the Knaeble family members, his head size was off the charts! He has the Knaeble head : ) But he is right on track developmentally so the doctor wasn't too worried about the head size.


I'm writing this post on his 5 month birthday - I can't believe it! Pete and I look at him and wonder how he got to be so old so fast! He wants to stand all of the time, and has more neck control every day! Lots of smiles, laughter, and babbling make it so fun to hang out with him! Pete and I are counting down the days to summer (18 school days left!)when we can spend every day with him! Charlie really is a wonderful baby and being a parent is truly an amazing experience! I think that's all for now. I'm waiting for some pictures from my mom from Mother's Day so I'll post those soon. We hope all of you are enjoying the spring weather that is finally here! Love, Pete, Rachel & Charlie : )

No comments:

Post a Comment